- The President of the Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA), Madam Isha Johansen, has been declared eligible to vie for membership of the FIFA Council, which is the highest decision-making body in world football
- As a result, Johansen will be hoping to rise to the top of Fifa’s decision body when elections are held at the Congress of the Confederation of African Football scheduled on 12 March 2021 in Rabat, Morocco
- The 37-member FIFA Council will include seven members from the Confederation of African Football
Johansen, who was elected as the SLFA’s boss unopposed on the 3rd August 2013, is a member of Fifa’s member Association Committee since 2017.
The CAF Executive Committee member declared her intention over a few years ago to run for SLFA second term despite rival members calling her seven years in office as overdue.
Furthermore, FIFA also approved the candidacies of the four aspirants to the CAF presidency.
The new council will be made up of the following individuals:
- The President
- CONMEBOL: one vice-president and four members
- AFC: one vice-president and six members
- UEFA: three vice-presidents and six members
- CAF: one vice-president and six members
- CONCACAF: one vice-president and four members
- OFC: one vice-president and two members
The FIFA Council replaced the largely discredited Executive Committee as FIFA’s decision-making body under reforms instituted in the wake of the 2015 corruption scandal in soccer’s world governing body.
She has been a member of CAF's executive committee and Fifa's member's associations committee. pic.twitter.com/9tLxapUK2f
— FSL News website (@football_sierra) January 27, 2021
Connect with us @football_sierra, on Facebook/ Instagram Football Sierra Leone, the writer @bittar32 contact firstname.lastname@example.org.