Sierra Leone-born Trevoh Chalobah scored on his debut as Chelsea showed their Premier League title credentials with 3-0 over Patrick Vieira’s Crystal Palace.
Chalobah, 22, smashed home their third from 25 yards on his Premier League debut in front of a noisy Stamford Bridge.
“He scored a fantastic goal, and we are all so happy for him. It’s amazing how these things work out in football. It was very enjoyable and well-deserved,” Tuchel on Chalobah.
- Osman Kakay, who played in the Queens Park Rangers‘ midweek 1-0 over Leyton Orient in the Carabao Cup, was an unused substitute on Saturday.
Queens Park Rangers enjoyed a 3-0 away Sky Bet Championship triumph at the MKM Stadium as goals from Chris Willock, Lyndon Dykes and Rob Dickie completed a comprehensive Mark Warburton’s first win of the season.
- Right-back Fankaty Dabo was in action in 1-0 defeat to Barnsley as the home side welcomed their fans back to Oakwell with a home win over Coventry City. Dominik Frieser scored the only goal of the game.
- Sierra Leonean natives Sorba Thomas and Josh Koroma were in action as Fulham thrashed Huddersfield 5-1 to move top of the early season Championship table.
- Idris Kanu is yet to make his Peterborough Championship appearance this season but was part of their 4-0 defeat to Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup. qualifying round on Wednesday.
- Wycombe Wanderers registered a back to back in their opening two English League One matches of the new season.
Wycombe defeated Cheltenham Town 3-1 with a goal from Sam Vokes and a brace for Oliver Pendlebury.
Sullay Kaikai started his first for the club from the right wing-back while Anis Mehmeti lined up behind Sam Vokes.
The Sierra Leone winger played 74th minute of the contest before he was subbed off.
Connect with us @football_sierra, on Facebook/ Instagram Football Sierra Leone, John Bangura.