Sierra Leone U20 side aiming to overcome their Guinean counterparts to secure their ticket to the third round of the qualifiers for the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica 2022.
The two West African nations will go toe to toe at the Stade Alassane Djigo in Pekine Senegal kick off at 4 pm local time.
The contest was moved away from the Guinean Capital due to the present political situation in Guinea.
Team technician Victoria Conteh has been working on tactics and has assured her players are in good sharp as they prepare to give a good account against Guinea.
Reports from the Sierra Leone team based in Dakar suggested that the players are optimistic about securing a victory against their Guinean counterparts. Team captain Mamie Iye Thorlley expressed hope and determination of winning the encounter.
”This is the time to display what we have learnt from our coaches. We will not disappoint them,” she was quoted as saying.
Makeni Northern Province of Sierra Leone will host the return fixture on the 9th of October.
CAF will have two representatives for the final tournament of the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica 2022.
Qualification Fixtures for 25.09.2021
- Asmara: Eritrea vs. Tanzania (13h00)
- Porto-Novo: Benin vs. Morocco (15h00)
- Bamako: Mali vs. Senegal (16h30)
- Luanda: Angola vs. Botswana (14h30)
- Cairo: Egypt vs. Congo (18h00)
- Nairobi: Kenya vs. Uganda (12h00)
- Mumias (Kenya): Guinea vs. Sierra Leone (16h00)
- Libreville: Gabon vs. Guinea-Bissau (14h30)
- Lubumbashi: DR Congo vs. Cameroon (14h00)
- Douala: The central African Republic vs. Nigeria (14h00)
Second Leg (7,8, 9 October 2021)
- Lagos : Nigeria vs. Central African Rpublic (15h00)
- Johannesburg (South Africa): Namibia vs. Burundi (14h00)
- Thies: Senegal vs. Mali (17h00)
- Johannesburg: South Africa vs. Mozambique (13h00)
- Kampala: Uganda vs. Kenya (13h00)
- Dar es Salaam: Tanzania vs. Eritrea (12h00)
- Bahir Dar: Ethiopia vs. Rwanda (13h00)
- Yaoundé : Cameroon vs. DR Congo (14h30)
- Lilongwe: Malawi vs. Zambia (13h00)
- Francistown: Botswana vs. Angola (14h00)
- Brazzaville : Congo vs. Egypt (14h30)
- Makeni City: Sierra Leone vs. Guinea (16h00)
- Bissau: Guinea-Bissau vs. Gabon (16h30)
- Rabat: Maroc vs. Benin (16h00)
- Cotonou (Benin): Burkina Faso vs. the Gambia (16h00)
*Ghana vs. Mauritania / Mauritania vs. Ghana (matches cancelled because of Mauritania’s withdrawal. Ghana is qualified for the next round)
African Football News – Follow us on Twitter @football_sierra On Facebook & Instagram: Football Sierra Leone.
Ghana Football Association has maintained a winner price cash boost for the 2021/2022 season Ghs 250,000, about $42,000 for lifting the title. GFA boss Kurt Okraku confirmed the news on Tuesday during the launching of the new season at the FA headquarters in Accra....
The Gambia women national are through to the second round of the TotalEnergies Women's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with a 3-1 aggregate over Sierra Leone. Having won the first left 2-0, the Female Scorpions played to a 1-1 draw with their counterparts at the...
Assistant Coach Musa Kallon talked briefly with Football Sierra Leone, sounding very cautious, following their mammoth 7-nil hammering of Sierra Leone Police. He said the win is a result of what they have been working on as a club. The former International noted that...