Sierra Leone national female U-20 team defeated Guinea 1-0 at the Alhassane Djigo stadium in Dakar in the first leg match of the second round of the FIFA U-20 Women’s African zone qualifiers.
A single goal was enough for the Freetown ladies as they pocketed a victory against Guinea. Fatma Turay’s 17-minute decisive close-range goal after collecting a decent pass from the left gave the visitors the precious advantage.
As a result, coach Victoria’s side with the advantage ahead of the second leg on the 9th October 2021 in Monrovia, Liberia.
The first leg contest was moved to Senegal due to the present political situation in Guinea.
Second Leg (7,8, 9 October 2021)
- Lagos : Nigeria vs. Central African Rpublic (15h00)
- Johannesburg (South Africa) : Namibia vs. Burundi (14h00)
- Thies: Senegal vs. Mali (17h00)
- Johannesburg: South Africa vs. Mozambique (13h00)
- Kampala: Uganda vs. Kenya (13h00)
- Dar es Salaam: Tanzania vs. Eritrea (12h00)
- Bahir Dar: Ethiopia vs. Rwanda (13h00)
- Yaoundé : Cameroon vs. DR Congo (14h30)
- Lilongwe: Malawi vs. Zambia (13h00)
- Francistown: Botswana vs. Angola (14h00)
- Brazzaville: Congo vs. Egypt (14h30)
- Liberia: Sierra Leone vs. Guinea (16h00)
- Bissau: Guinea-Bissau vs. Gabon (16h30)
- Rabat: Maroc vs. Benin (16h00)
- Cotonou (Benin): Burkina Faso vs. the Gambia (16h00)
*Ghana vs. Mauritania / Mauritania vs. Ghana (matches cancelled because of Mauritania’s withdrawal. Ghana is qualified for the next round)
African Football News – Follow us on Twitter @football_sierra On Facebook & Instagram: Football Sierra Leone.
Caulker paints picture of Sierra Leone chances in São Tomé duel
Sierra Leone captain Steven Caulker has urged focus from his national teammates ahead of crucial 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualification matches this week. Caulker, 31, acknowledged that every player must focus and be ready for challenging encounters against their...
Seven foreign-based boost Sierra Leone camp
Seven foreign-base players out of twelve invited by head coach John Keister have arrived safely at the Southern city of Morocco Agadir ahead of crucial qualifiers against São Tomé and Príncipe. Leone Stars of Sierra Leone set to engage their Central African...
Blackpool partner WHI & CANCER UK-SL in humanitarian work
On Saturday, the 18th of March 2023, the Mighty Blackpool will join children with disabilities in their beach carnival organised by World Hope International as part of the commitment of their Chairman, Rodney Michael, to get the club to contribute to humanitarian and...