Sierra Leone national female U-20 team defeated Guinea 1-0 at the Alhassane Djigo stadium in Dakar in the first leg match of the second round of the FIFA U-20 Women’s African zone qualifiers.
A single goal was enough for the Freetown ladies as they pocketed a victory against Guinea. Fatma Turay’s 17-minute decisive close-range goal after collecting a decent pass from the left gave the visitors the precious advantage.
As a result, coach Victoria’s side with the advantage ahead of the second leg on the 9th October 2021 in Monrovia, Liberia.
The first leg contest was moved to Senegal due to the present political situation in Guinea.
Second Leg (7,8, 9 October 2021)
- Lagos : Nigeria vs. Central African Rpublic (15h00)
- Johannesburg (South Africa) : Namibia vs. Burundi (14h00)
- Thies: Senegal vs. Mali (17h00)
- Johannesburg: South Africa vs. Mozambique (13h00)
- Kampala: Uganda vs. Kenya (13h00)
- Dar es Salaam: Tanzania vs. Eritrea (12h00)
- Bahir Dar: Ethiopia vs. Rwanda (13h00)
- Yaoundé : Cameroon vs. DR Congo (14h30)
- Lilongwe: Malawi vs. Zambia (13h00)
- Francistown: Botswana vs. Angola (14h00)
- Brazzaville: Congo vs. Egypt (14h30)
- Liberia: Sierra Leone vs. Guinea (16h00)
- Bissau: Guinea-Bissau vs. Gabon (16h30)
- Rabat: Maroc vs. Benin (16h00)
- Cotonou (Benin): Burkina Faso vs. the Gambia (16h00)
*Ghana vs. Mauritania / Mauritania vs. Ghana (matches cancelled because of Mauritania’s withdrawal. Ghana is qualified for the next round)
African Football News – Follow us on Twitter @football_sierra On Facebook & Instagram: Football Sierra Leone.
Coach Bah in Photo has been suspended amid an unprofessional conduct scandal. Sierra Leone National Women’s soccer team head Coach Abdulai Bah has been ordered by the Football Association to step aside amid allegations of professional misconduct. Recent pieces of...
Francis Koroma in the photo has been excellent for Blackpool in recent wins. One of Sierra Leone's giants, Mighty Blackpool, has had a disappointing season to date, however in the last five games, they have managed to pull off some impressive performances even though...
Sierra Leone one spot up, now ranked 107th in Fifa ranking Sierra Leone played to a 1-1 draw against South Sudan and registered a 2-1 win over the Gambia before losing to Morocco home-based side during their training camp in Morocco this month. On Thursday, FIFA...